LLP registration

Unlike a “normal” partnership, a Limited Liability Partnership (“LLP”) is required to be registered at Companies House. 
Once Companies House have set up the LLP, they will automatically advise HM Revenue & Customs which will initiate the generation of a UTR number for tax purposes.  Self-assessment Tax Returns will need completing annually, unless;
• the LLP does not carry on a business with a view to making a profit, or
• the LLP is being formally wound up
If the above apply, the LLP may need to file a Corporation Tax Return.
The individual members will also need to register as being members of the LLP and the following forms will need completing:
• SA401 for individuals, or
• SA402 for non-individuals
Registration is compulsory and if you would like any further information or advice regarding this matter please get in touch with your usual Scrutton Bland contact or Marc Dorsett on 01473 267000