Title: Accounts Executive / Assistant Accounts Executive
Hours: Full time
Due to the rapid expansion of our cloud based accounting and business advisory service – sblive, we urgently need to recruit a full time Accounts Executive / Assistant Accounts Executive based in our Colchester office. Working as part of the Business Advisory team this role will be part of the team driving our new sblive offering forward. Although predominantly office based, this role also offers plenty of opportunity to get out of the office to support clients on their premises and attend exhibitions and events to promote our services.
Working as part of an enthusiastic and energetic team, the successful candidate will have the rare opportunity to use their traditional accounting experience and combine it with modern accounting practices through the implementation of cloud accounting software. Following the successful partnership with leading software providers, we are looking for the successful candidate for this role to have proven experience and an interest in helping us drive our sector specific targets forward.
Main duties will include:
- Preparation of financial accounts from a trial balance in software or from incomplete records, including bank reconciliation, control account reconciliation, control account reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, calculation of debtors and creditors, nominal ledger accounting etc.
- Preparation of management accounts and financial forecasts.
- To provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using Xero and other accounting systems
- Assistance in tax compliance work for clients, e.g. preparation of corporate and personal Tax Returns and VAT returns.
- Play an active part of the team receiving calls and e-mails from clients who need Xero assistance and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously.
- To assist other members of staff with Xero queries and manage the inbox as part of the sblive team.
- To provide additional business services for clients under instruction from the case manager.
- Supervising trainee staff within the department, providing technical support where needed.
- Proactively promote sblive to new and existing clients and actively input into the development of new sblive propositions based on client feedback.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to analyse and interpret information and possess good communication and computer skills. A professional manner and a good knowledge of Microsoft office packages is essential and experience of, or an interest in, cloud accounting practices would be advantageous. Experience of accounting issues affecting the agricultural sector, and Knowledge of Caseware and Xero would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given for the right candidate.
Applicants must possess the ACCA or ACA qualification or be close to qualifying. Experience of business services in a practice environment is essential. Good communication, IT skills and a professional manner are also required. The role is office based however may on occasion involve travelling to clients premises, which may be outside office hours.