We are currently looking to recruit an experienced accountant part/newly qualified in the role of Assistant Accounts Executive
based in our Ipswich office
, working as part of the Business Advisory team
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and be heavily involved in our rapidly expanding sblive Cloud offering.
You will be required to work as part of a team assisting clients on an ongoing basis and dealing with annual compliance and advisory work. This is heavily based on utilisation of cloud software so being “tech savvy” is a must. The work will be office based, however there will be times where the role will require operating at client premises. Candidates must be prepared to travel, mainly within Suffolk, and it is therefore a requirement that applicants hold a full clean driving license and have access to their own transport.
Our clients are involved in a very wide variety of businesses, from high-tech research and development and higher and further education to haulage, construction, agriculture and goods production.
Main duties will include:
- Preparing statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparing Personal and Corporation tax returns
- Preparing management accounts and financial forecasts.
- Assistance in tax compliance work for clients, e.g. VAT returns, Payrolls etc.
- To maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns and provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using Xero and other accounting systems.
- To visit client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns and provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using Xero and other accounting systems
- Play an active part of the team receiving calls and e-mails from clients who need Xero assistance and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously.
- To assist other members of staff with Xero queries and manage the inbox as part of the SBLive team.
- To provide additional business services for clients under instruction from the case manager.
- Proactively promote SBLive to new and existing clients.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to analyse and interpret information and possess good communication skills. A professional manner and a good knowledge of Microsoft office packages and cloud accounting is essential.
We are at an exciting point in the development of our accounting services and are committed to being at the forefront of the transition from traditional accounting to modern accounting practices and are looking for a candidate will who bring enthusiasm and energy to our team as we do this.
- 2 years’ experience in accountancy practice / AAT Qualified
- Part qualified ACCA/ACA or newly qualified
- Driving license
- Your own transport
And in return?
- Ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with an eye for detail
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of Xero
As well as joining an innovative and fast-moving regional firm who are a leading provider of financial services, you will receive a competitive salary and Scrutton Bland will provide full study support to include paid time off for attending tuition, revision and exams if needed. You will also automatically be enrolled into our Employee Benefits scheme, giving you access to a range of free benefits and as well as a number of voluntary options.
Applicants may be invited to complete our Aptitude Test prior to interview, either at one of our offices or online.
We welcome applications direct from canidates but no recruitment agencies on this occasion.