We are currently looking to recruit two experienced part qualified accountants in the role of Assistant Accounts Executive
based in our Ipswich and Colchester offices
, working as part of the Business Advisory team
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team assisting clients on an ongoing basis and dealing with annual compliance and advisory work. The work will be both offices based as well as working from home, however there will be times where the role will require operating at client premises. Candidates must be prepared to travel, mainly within Suffolk and Essex, and it is therefore a requirement that applicants hold a full clean driving license and have access to their own transport.
Our clients are involved in a very wide variety of businesses, from high-tech research and development and higher and further education to haulage, construction, agriculture and goods production.
Our role in Ipswich will primarily be working in the growing Farm and Estates sector, however there may be occasions when they are required to work on clients in other sectors. Our Colchester role will be looking after various sectors throughout the department therefore any experience or knowledge is welcomed.
Main duties will include:
- Preparing statutory accounts for clients.
- Preparing financial accounts from incomplete records, including bank reconciliation, control account reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, calculation of debtors and creditors, nominal ledger accounting and preparation of trial balance, etc.
- Preparing management accounts and financial forecasts.
- Assistance in tax compliance work for clients, e.g. preparation of Tax Returns, VAT returns, Payrolls, P11ds etc.
- Visiting client premises on occasion.
- Play an active part of the team receiving calls and e-mails from clients who need assistance with their accounting systems, and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously.
- To assist other members of staff with queries and client accounting systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to analyse results, interpret information and therefore would ideally have some knowledge and be able to ‘hit the ground running’. A professional manner, excellent communication skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft office packages, cloud-based software and apps would be a requirement.
We are at an exciting point in the development of our accounting services and are committed to being at the forefront of the transition from traditional accounting to modern accounting practices and are looking for a candidate will who bring enthusiasm and energy to our team as we do this, together with a flexible attitude.
- 2 years’ experience in accountancy practice
- Qualified AAT Level 4
- Part qualified ACCA/ACA (not essential)
- Experience from an Farm and Estates and accounts preparation (Ipswich Only)
- Clean driving license and access to your own transport
And in return?
- Ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail
- Flexible attitude
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
As well as joining an innovative and fast-moving regional firm who are a leading provider of financial services, you will receive a competitive salary and Scrutton Bland will provide full study support to include paid time off for attending tuition, revision and exams if needed. You will also automatically be enrolled into our Employee Benefits scheme, giving you access to a range of free benefits and as well as several voluntary options.
Applicants may be invited to complete our online Aptitude Test prior to interview.
How to apply
If you think you’re a good match for this role and are interested in working for Scrutton Bland, please send us your CV with an accompanying letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team and work with us to our HR Team. Remember to let us know which office you'd prefer to be based at.
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies.