We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accounts Executive based in the Business Advisory Department in our Ipswich office.
Why Scrutton Bland?
The Scrutton Bland Group is a leading provider of financial services and advice to both business and private clients.
We place a strong emphasis on valuing individuals needs and contribution. You will have the opportunity to develop your career whether this be within the team, developing knowledge and skills in a different area of the business or personal development. We are committed to supporting individual’s continuous development.
The successful candidate will be joining an enthusiastic and energetic team combining their accounting experience with a fresh and innovative approach utilizing cloud accounting software. Their role will be to undertake and review accounts preparation work as directed and manage client relationships to deliver outstanding client service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting in the preparation and review of financial accounts
- Supporting in the preparation of management accounts and financial forecasts
- Assistance with tax compliance work
- Supporting clients with transition to cloud accounting
The successful candidate will:
And in return?
- Have achieved AAT Level 4 qualification and either are willing to work towards or currently are part-qualified ACCA or ACA
- Have work experience in a similar environment
- Be able to analyse and interpret information
- Be personable and enjoy building and maintaining client relationships
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to use their initiative in the application and use of technology
- Be competent using Microsoft Office and ideally, have experience of Xero
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community. We are currently working from home the majority of the time. Post COVID-19 we are looking at hybrid ways of working, gaining the best of both worlds whilst ensuring we deliver the very best for our clients, and supporting our desire for work/life balance.
There is ample opportunity to develop your skills further and progress your career.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team to our Careers Team