Contract: Full Time
Looking to join an innovative and fast-moving regional firm? The Scrutton Bland Group is a leading provider of financial services and advice to both business and private clients, and we have an exciting opportunity for a conscientious and driven individual to join our Corporate Services Department (External Audit).
Assistant Audit Executive’s play a key role in our Corporate Services department. Working as part of a team, this role will deliver a high standard of customer service to our clients across a variety of sectors. Our ideal candidate will have a can-do approach and be confident managing a varied workload and assisting with the development of our new trainees.
The role includes:
- Reviewing year end accounts and financial statement preparation
- Undertaking fieldwork on statutory audits
- Being part of audit teams of up to 4 people working for our clients based across East Anglia
- Leading smaller audit assignments
- Assisting all members of the audit team and supporting the audit lead/ manager to complete audit work
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least two years’ experience in a similar audit role
- Have achieved AAT qualification and be working towards, or wanting to progress their studies by gaining either ACA or ACCA qualification
- Have a full driving license and access to independent transport
- Be a team player who enjoys working as part of a busy team to achieve team targets
- Be organised, efficient and able to prioritise their own workload
- Be a good communicator
- Be competent using Microsoft Office and other software applications. Having previous experience of Caseware would be beneficial
And in return?
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community.
There is ample opportunity to develop your skills further and progress your career. You will have the opportunity to study with ACA or ACCA. Full study support is available, and we offer both a financial and non-financial package. Our programme provides an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to gain a professional qualification whilst earning a wage.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team to our Careers Team.