Contract: Full Time
Looking to join an innovative and fast-moving regional firm? The Scrutton Bland Group is a leading provider of financial services and advice to both business and private clients, and we have a number of exciting opportunity for a conscientious and driven individual to join our Corporate Services Department (External Audit).
We have a number of roles in our Audit team ranging from Audit Technician’s through to Audit Executive’s. Each team member plays a key role in our Corporate Services department. Working as part of a team, our employees deliver a high standard of customer service to our clients across a variety of sectors. We are looking for our ideal candidates to have a can-do approach, be confident managing a varied workload and a strong interest in a career in Audit.
Audit Technician’s will begin with:
- Reviewing year end accounts and financial statement preparation
- Undertaking fieldwork on statutory audits
- Being part of audit team of up to 4 people working for our clients based across East Anglia
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships
As you gain experience, we envisage the successful candidate/s:
- Leading on smaller audit assignments
- Assisting all members of the audit team and supporting the audit lead/ manager to complete audit work
- Have a full driving license and access to independent transport
- Be a team player who enjoys working as part of a busy team to achieve team targets
- Be organised, efficient and able to prioritise their own workload
- Be a good communicator
- Be competent using Microsoft Office and other software applications.
The following experience would be beneficial for candidates wanting to join as an Assistant Audit Executive or above:
- Have at least 18 months experience in a similar audit role
- Have achieved AAT qualification and be working towards, or wanting to progress their studies by gaining either ACA or ACCA qualification
- Have previous experience of Caseware
And in return?
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community.
There is ample opportunity to develop your skills further and progress your career. You will have the opportunity to study with ACA or ACCA. Full study support is available, and we offer both a financial and non-financial package. Our programme provides an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to gain a professional qualification whilst earning a wage.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team to our Careers Team.