Looking to join an innovative and fast-moving regional firm? The Scrutton Bland Group is a leading provider of financial services and advice to both business and private clients, and we have an exciting opportunity for a conscientious and driven individual to join our Corporate Services Department (External Audit).
Audit Executive’s play a key role in our Corporate Services department. You will have the opportunity to undertake audits for a range of clients across a variety of sectors, including owner managed businesses and the not-for-profit sector. Our ideal candidate will have a can-do approach and be confident managing a varied workload and assisting with the development of our trainees.
You will manage workflow and ensure the audit team deliver a high level of customer service to our clients. You will assist with the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit process. You will review and supervise the work of the audit team, aiming to resolve issues before escalating to the Manager/Partner for review.
The role responsibilities include:
- Leading audit teams of up to five people, mostly within the North Essex area, with occasional stay away assignments
- Collaborating with the Managers/ Partners providing regular updates on the progress and management of assignments
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Mentoring, coaching and supervising teams both out on audit and in the office
The successful candidate will:
And in return?
- Have at least three years’ audit experience, ideally in a Practice environment
- Have achieved AAT qualification and working towards, or have completed ACA/ ACCA qualification
- Have a full driving license and access to independent transport
- Be a team player who enjoys working as part of a busy team to achieve team targets
- Be organised, efficient and able to prioritise their own workload
- Be a good communicator
- Be competent using Microsoft Office and other software applications. Having previous experience of Caseware would be beneficial
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community.
There is ample opportunity to develop your skills further and progress your career.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team to our Careers Team.