Title: Business Advisory Assistant Manager – Cloud Accounting
Hours: Full time
Due to the rapid expansion of our cloud based accounting and business advisory service – SBLive, we need to recruit a full time Assistant Client Manager based in our Colchester office. Working as part of the Business Advisory team, this role will be part of the team driving our new SBLive offering forward. Although predominantly office based, this role also offers plenty of opportunity to get out of the office to support clients on their premises and attend exhibitions and events to promote our services.
Working as part of an enthusiastic and energetic team, the successful candidate will have the rare opportunity to use their traditional accounting experience and combine it with modern accounting practices through the utilisation of cloud accounting software. Following the successful partnership with leading software providers, we are looking for the successful candidate for this role to have proven experience and an interest in helping us drive our sector specific targets forward.
Main duties will include:
- Managing a varied client base from sole traders to corporate entities up to the audit threshold, across multiple industry sectors.
- Working with the management team to ensure work is managed in and out of the department effectively and efficiently.
- Review of financial accounts, management accounts and forecasts prepared by the business advisory team.
- Providing training and technical support to the team to enable staff development.
- To provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using Xero and other accounting systems
- Assistance in tax compliance work for clients, e.g. preparation of corporate and personal Tax Returns.
- Play an active part of the team receiving calls and e-mails from clients who need Xero assistance and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously.
- To provide additional business services for clients under instruction from the case manager.
- Proactively promote SBLive to new and existing clients and actively input into the development of new SBLive propositions based on client feedback.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to analyse and interpret information and possess good communication and computer skills. A professional manner and a good knowledge of Microsoft office packages is essential and experience of, or an interest in, cloud accounting practices is required. Experience of accounting issues affecting the businesses across a range of sectors, and Knowledge of Caseware or CCH Accounts Production and Xero would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given for the right candidate.
We are at an exciting point in the development of our accounting services and are committed to being at the forefront of the transition from traditional accounting to modern accounting practices and are looking for a candidate will who bring enthusiasm and energy to our team as we do this.
Applicants must possess the ACCA or ACA qualification. Experience of managing a team or an experienced candidate looking to make their first move into a management position is important, and providing business services in a practice environment is essential. Good communication, IT skills and a professional manner are also required. The role is office based, however may on occasion involve travelling to client’s premises, which may be outside office hours.
And in return? As well as a competitive salary, you will automatically be enrolled into our Employee Benefits scheme, giving you access to a range of free benefits and as well as a number of voluntary options. There’s plenty of support for training too, with assistance in studying for professional qualifications. There are also plenty of activities and nights out throughout the year.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now.