Corporate Audit Director
Are you a forward-thinking, driven and determined Audit Senior Manager or Audit Director looking to take the next step in your career? Perhaps you are an Audit Partner in a firm that does not share your ambition? If so, our growing Ipswich team are looking to recruit an Audit Director
and would love to hear from you.
We are looking for candidates who are ambitious, fully qualified and looking to become an integral part of a successful and well-established team and firm. Your technical audit background is going to be essential and you will be an existing RI or at least be eligible to become a statutory auditor in the UK. This role has a pathway set out to become part of the Partnership team and to make a real impact on the leadership, management, mentoring and development of the team around you. The successful candidate will either already know and regularly work within the Ipswich and wider Suffolk business community with strong links to business owners and professionals in the area, or alternatively will demonstrate a powerful level of hunger to get embedded in this community alongside and with the support of our existing team.
We are a leading provider of accountancy, tax, insurance and independent financial advice to individuals and businesses throughout the UK, with offices across East Anglia. We have over 100 years in business and as part of this role you will be given the opportunity to work with long standing clients of the firm as well as be encouraged to build your own portfolio. Our niche is within the owner-managed business sector, which will allow you to work closely with business owners and finance teams, making a real and direct difference to them, as well as working closely and in detail with all the other multidisciplinary areas of our business.
Being able to build relationships quickly with clients, potential clients, team members and referrers is really important to us. It’s one of our key brand values and a differentiator for us is our personal approach. We invest emotionally in our clients and people, take a genuine interest in their goals, offering honest and impartial advice so that we become their critical friend. Their success and troubles are ours too – we don’t just want to be their advisers; we see ourselves as part of their team too.
- Manage a large client portfolio ensuring that the right resources and service levels are delivered, putting the client’s needs first
- Support the Partners in the development of new business relationships and delivery of high-quality audits
- Research and prepare innovative proposals for new work, creating tender presentations for prospective clients
- Build strong client relationships to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of their audit
- Oversee and taking full responsibility for the completion audits from the planning stage to the final client meeting
- Oversee the management of the audit team by ensuring proper allocation of work to team members and ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner and within budget
- Take an active role in coaching, motivating and developing junior team members, and being a role model
And in return?
- ACA/ACCA qualified with significant experience in commercial external audit
- Strong ties to Ipswich and wider Suffolk business community or a desire and a plan to build these ties
- Forward thinker, keen to learn more to help and grow our clients’ businesses
- Have experience in developing and maintaining working relationships with clients
- Keen to manage and mentor junior team members to help them grow and achieve their aspirations
- A natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude, someone who defines success collectively and not individually
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, with a clear pathway for progression, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
If you think you’re a good match for this role and are interested in working for Scrutton Bland, please send us your CV with an accompanying letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team and work with us to our HR Team
. Alternatively, please call Luke Morris for an informal chat 07584 097633.
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies.