Full Time for one year
Whether you are on a year placement, or finished your degree, we are looking for an Intern to join us for 12 months. You will be someone who is able to roll their sleeves up and does the mundane willingly, enthusiastically and with the understanding that there is learning in everything we do, typing the minutes (you get to understand the tactical), file the papers (you get to understand the strategy), organise the meetings (you get to understand the key stakeholders). You also get to work on confidential client work as part of a restructures, support the team to successfully and professionally help clients with acquisition and disposals, often with tight deadlines. This type of role doesn't suit everyone, but for those that enjoy this type of role the satisfaction, the skills and the experience are so worth it.
And in return?
- Working on Corporate Finance assignments, both in-house and at client premises
- Drafting reports on acquisition, disposal, valuation, due diligence and business reorganisation assignments
- Performing agreed scope procedures to support these reports, involving preparation of projections and budgets from incomplete records, including bank reconciliation, control account reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, calculation of debtors and creditors, nominal ledger accounting and preparation of trial balance, etc.
- Preparing transactional documentation including teasers, information memorandums, business plans, financial models and forecasts
- Attending meetings with clients and prospective clients and liaising directly with clients and other professionals to gather information whilst also developing a strong working relationship
- Researching and approaching potential buyers / sellers for clients
- Taking full ownership of all delegated or assigned tasks
- Working either independently under appropriate supervision or as part of a team where you will be required to support other team members to deliver assignments within set timescales
- Weekly completion of timesheets and ensuring that the group workflow/individual workflow sheets are maintained
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community. We are currently working from home the majority of the time. Post COVID-19 we are looking at hybrid ways of working, gaining the best of both worlds whilst ensuring we deliver the very best for our clients, and supporting our desire for work/life balance. There is ample opportunity to develop your skills further and progress your career.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team to our Careers Team.