Title: Corporate Services Manager
Hours: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Corporate Services Manager to work from our Colchester office.
The ideal candidate will be ACA / ACCA qualified with 2-3 years accountancy experience.
If you are enthusiastic and adaptable, good at analysing and interpreting information, with an excellent eye for detail, interested in building strong relationships with clients and colleagues and want to be part of a growing business that wants you to succeed, and with an extensive benefits package, then this could be the role for you.
We are a multi-disciplinary firm with offices across East Anglia. We have a varied client base across many different sectors. Our clients are involved in a very wide variety of businesses, from high-tech research and development and higher and further education to haulage, construction, agriculture and goods production.
The objective of the role is to supervise and oversee audit assignments and review for discussion with clients, together with assisting managers and Partners when dealing with client affairs to ensure a satisfactory service is provided. Duties will include:
- Managing client portfolio
- Liaising with clients in person/by phone/e-mail/meetings to progress jobs and maintain regular contact
- Review of audit files and completion of statutory accounts, presenting completed package to partner including liaison with corporate tax department for accounts tax charge
- Ensure compliance with Auditing Standards requiring continual updates for technical knowledge
- Applying Accounting Standards, UK and International with continual updates
- Attending meetings with clients to discuss and finalise accounts and deal with other matters
- Advising clients generally on accounting, tax, VAT, payroll and associated matters
- Managing own budgets for productivity and cost recovery
- Monitor and review WIP each month to issue fees; chasing outstanding debts where applicable
- Assisting the managers in managing the work of the department and staff in their work
- Monitoring and recording staff performance, including providing constructive feedback
- Reviewing work done by seniors, juniors, finalising files and monitoring completion of jobs
And in return? As well as a competitive salary, you will automatically be enrolled into our Employee Benefits scheme, giving you access to a range of free benefits and as well as a number of voluntary options. There’s plenty of support for training too. There are also plenty of activities and nights out throughout the year.
We value diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities at Scrutton Bland, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now.