Part time – 22.5 hours per week
Ipswich/Colchester with occasional travel to Diss
At Scrutton Bland we pride ourselves that we are different, 2020 has been a different year with COVID and our teams working remotely we have embraced new ways of doing things. The reason we can do this in such a dynamic way is because of our people. Our people are what makes our firm so special.
We are seeking an addition to our team to work with us to make sure our people are safe; the environment is inviting (when the time is right) for both our team and our visitors and clients. So, we are seeking a part time Facilities Co-ordinator to help us do this.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to work with the other part time Facilities Co-ordinator, the Central Administration team, and Partners to maintain workspaces, communal/social areas and meeting rooms. This includes making sure the spaces are safe, well equipped, and ready to use at all times.
Key responsibilities will include
Required Skills and Experience
- Being the facilities point of contact and ensuring all reported issues are logged and resolved promptly
- Helping to manage the health and safety of workspaces
- Managing services and scheduling preventative maintenance for facilities
- Ensuring all areas are well stocked and ready to use, by managing stock levels and deliveries
- Handyperson activities - Carry out basic maintenance tasks when required e.g. hanging pictures, climbing ladders to change lamps or investigate problems, fixing door furniture, minor plumbing issues
- Security activities - Assist with the opening and lock up of the buildings
- Assisting with the management of planned refurbishment works, helping to ensure works are completed on time and to budget. This will include liaising with contractors and suppliers
- Contributing to the development of facilities and office policies and procedures, communicating these and ensuring they are followed
- Room set up/moves – Prepare meeting rooms to the required standard and on time. Undertake small office moves when required. Safely move furniture and other large or heavy objects, including crates and deliveries, using equipment available
- Helping to plan and deliver fun events for the team
And in return?
- Experience working in a facilities/office focused role(s)
- Proven ability to work flexibility and manage a busy and changeable workload
- Experience of working in a Facilities support role in a team environment
- Experience of building security
- Strong customer focus, taking personal responsibility and ownership for the achievement of tasks
- Good communication and organisational
- Ability to act on own initiative, within specified guidelines
- A hands-on proactive response to work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and keyboard skills
- Experience of maintenance skills
- Experience of manual handling tasks, capable of lifting and carrying
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasion, i.e., early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
As well as a competitive salary, you will automatically be enrolled into our Employee Benefits scheme, giving you access to a range of free benefits and as well as a number of voluntary options. There’s plenty of support for training too, and socially we plan plenty of activities and nights out throughout the year (when it is safe to do so)
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply with your CV and covering letter outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com
Closing date is 9 April 2021
No agencies please.