Ipswich / Colchester Office
Scrutton Bland is a leading provider of accountancy, tax, insurance and independent financial advice to individuals and business clients, with offices across East Anglia.
We are looking for a driven candidate to join our dynamic HR team. Whether you are looking to take your next career step or are ready for a new challenge, this could be the role for you. For us your personality is the key attribute, you will come with a solid level of practiced HR knowledge, having worked as a minimum as a proactive HR Administrator, or HR Adviser, in a team environment. Team is very important to us and we learn from and support each other to succeed. We are all different and we welcome you bringing your unique set of skills and experience to make the team more inclusive.
Our purpose as an HR team is to strive to develop the collective potential of our people. Having just celebrated our centenary, we are credited as an HR team that we bring a professional, tailored practical approach, which support the business goals.
Our ideal candidate will be personable, honest, organised and a team player. The role is varied; you will have your own team remit, responsible for the whole employee lifecycle whilst being able to support the implementation of the HR strategy and you will be able to influence decisions.
As a team, we have identified the following words and phrases that the HR team most associate with Scrutton Bland. If you tick most of them, then we would love to talk to you.
A bit more about the role
- Giving and receiving feedback with respect
- No blame
The successful candidate will join two other HR Advisers who report into the HR Director. The role will be responsible for supporting the Partners through delivering the HR plan. This will include budget, performance management, training, communications and employee engagement. The role will also take responsibility (with the support of the wider team) on a number of projects and initiatives, including ownership of developing our HR system, PeopleHR.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
And in return?
- Assisting in the development and implementation of planning activities which enable, facilitate and achieve organisational and cultural change
- Using data analytics and case management insight to deliver service and business improvements
- Develop the on-boarding and induction process
- Keeping abreast of Employment Law and external changes which may affect Scrutton Bland and its clients
- Identify and report on areas where improvements can be made in service delivery and good practice
- Develop a Learning and Development plan to support managers in identifying high-performing individuals and initiating development opportunities
- Providing guidance to line managers on HR policy and interpretation
- Taking a proactive role in projects and contributing to strategies, including planning, monitoring and reporting on activity
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community. There’s plenty of support for training and help towards study for professional qualifications.
Take a look at our social media pages to see what we get up to, and if you think you might belong then get in touch!
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
If you think you are a good match for this role and are interested in working for Scrutton Bland please send us your cv with an accompanying letter to the HR Team, which outlines why you’d like to join our team and work within Scrutton Bland. Please ensure we see your application by 5pm on Friday 31 January 2020.