Title: Human Resources Director
Hours: Full time (Permanent)
Location: Ipswich (with travel to all other offices)
Following an exciting period of expansion, Scrutton Bland has a new opportunity for an experienced HR professional to lead and deliver the Firm’s People Strategy. Being both strategic and operational, this role will lead the HR team in delivering HR, Recruitment and Learning and Development activities. The successful candidate will be expected to proactively work closely with our Partner team to drive the HR Strategy and to maximise business potential and efficiency.
- Embedding the Firm’s culture and values across the Group
- Employee engagement – continuously develop the culture and values of the Group and promote engagement across the organisation
- To help deliver change management, such as modern flexible working practices
- Embedding Equal Opportunities and Diversity throughout the organisation
- Leadership and development of the HR team
- Keeping up to date with current knowledge and understanding of Employment Law. To implement and introduce Group Policies in line with legislative changes and best practice
- Employee Wellbeing - working with our Community Social Responsibility team (CSR)
- Reporting on HR matters; sickness absence, retention and strategies for improvement
- Overseeing recruitment and resource planning, including the management of costs and maintaining a preferred supplier list with recruitment agencies
- Providing advice on complex employee relations issues
- Ensuring personal development for all through employee learning, leadership development, graduate and apprenticeship schemes
- Reward and recognition – ensuring the delivery of effective reward and recognition approaches
- Providing strategic HR support and professional guidance to Partners, managers and employees
- Ensuring the best use of technology to drive efficiencies and modern HR management throughout the HR team and wider company
- Gathering people analytics to provide insights to the organisation and using this analysis to create positive strategy and practices
- Commercial, flexible and robust
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Previous experience in a Senior HR role
- Experience of presenting at Board meetings
- Experience of working as part of a Leadership team
All candidates we wish to see for interview will be invited to undertake a psychometric test prior to interview.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now.
No recruitment agencies at this time please.