Our Risk and Assurance team works closely with clients delivering internal audits and advisory services. Our client portfolio spans not-for-profit and commercial businesses based across the Eastern and South Eastern regions and London. We are looking for a personable, driven and commercially aware individual to join our team as a Risk and Assurance Manager. Could this be the role for you?
Why Scrutton Bland?
The Scrutton Bland Group is a leading provider of financial services and advice to both business and private clients.
We place a strong emphasis on valuing individuals needs and contribution. You will have the opportunity to develop your career whether this be within the team, developing knowledge and skills in a different area of the business or personal development. We are committed to supporting individual’s continuous development.
Our Managers are the lead contact for a portfolio of clients. They will develop and maintain these relationships and be responsible for:
- Planning and managing audit plans within the agreed performance indications
- Preparing and agreeing client audit plans and annual reports
- Undertaking client audit work as necessary
- Presenting audit finding reports at Audit Committee meetings
- Conducting file and report quality reviews
- Directing and supervising the team of auditors on client fieldwork
- Assisting with coaching, training and developing new and existing staff members
There will also be the opportunity for this role to assist the Partner in business development initiatives such as participating in tender presentations.
The successful candidate will:
And in return?
- Have at least three years’ Internal Audit experience, ideally with experience in education/social housing sectors
- Have achieved or working towards CMIIA/QIAL qualification, or qualified through experience
- Have experience of leading internal audits
- Have a full driving license and access to independent transport
- Be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Be a team player who enjoys working as part of a busy team to achieve team targets
- Be competent using Microsoft Office and other software applications
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community. We are currently working from home the majority of the time. Post COVID-19 we are looking at hybrid ways of working, gaining the best of both worlds whilst ensuring we deliver the very best for our clients, and supporting our desire for work/life balance.
There is ample opportunity to develop your skills further and progress your career.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team to our Careers Team