2020 has been a year of change, at Scrutton Bland we are embracing the flexible and agile way of working. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Internal Auditor to work predominantly from home (occasional travel to our offices based in East Anglia and to client's premises when needed).
We can offer truly flexible working, we are looking for those individual's that do not necessary want to work full time or even all year, for whatever reason. So, if you have a need or desire to work around your caring responsibilities or have time to support your passions outside of work, we have a fantastic opportunity for you and we would love to talk to you.
We are seeking a key person to support our Internal Audit team, our clients are not-for-profit, public sector and educational organisations and we generally know in advance what work is scheduled in. With a number of new clients coming on board we are seeking a flexible, committed hard working team member to come and join us. In return you will become a member of a hard working but fun team, in an organisation that values its people.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Directly contributing towards the delivery of high quality internal audit services
- Completing effective audit preparation and planning prior to each assignment
- Carrying out risk based assignment audit work, both remotely and on client premises when safe to do so.
- To critically evaluate the control environment and to complete appropriate testing, evidenced through working papers that are completed to the required standard
- Analysing findings and risk assessing the outcomes to improve the control environment and to add value to our clients
- Undertaking feedback meetings with clients, achieving a consensus and subsequently drafting audit reports, and
- Directing and supervising auditors during the completion of client audit fieldwork
The successful candidate will be CMIIA/QIAL qualified, working towards this or qualified through experience. You will have experience of leading internal audits, be able to deal with complex financial and non-financial audits and able to support and challenge our clients’ management teams.
You must have fluent report writing skills in English, have strong analytics skills and excellent knowledge of the main Microsoft Office software products.
And in return?
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team to our Careers Team.
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies.