We have a new opportunity within our successful and growing Risk and Assurance team where our focus is primarily the delivery of internal audit services. Whilst home working will be considered, our team is based in our Ipswich office. The role involves travel to clients’ across the eastern region and into London.
Why Scrutton Bland
You will be working within a supportive and flexible team and for an employer that puts their employees first. The variety of work will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally.
Overall Job Purpose
The role is to manage the day to day delivery of internal audit and wider risk assurance services to a portfolio of not for profit and commercial clients, whilst assisting in staff management and business development activities.
- Act as the recognised contact point for a portfolio of clients where you will develop and maintain effective and productive relationships
- Plan audit work and manage the audit plans within agreed performance indicators
- To undertake audit work on client premises as necessary
- Prepare and agree client audit plans and annual reports
- Present audit finding reports at Audit Committee meetings
- Line management responsibility for three members of staff
- Direct and supervise Risk and Assurance auditors during the completion of client audit fieldwork
- Conduct file and report quality reviews for client audit work
- Assist in coaching, training and developing new and existing staff members
- Assist the Partners in business development initiatives such as writing tender proposals and being involved in tender presentations
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be CMIIA/QIAL qualified, working towards this or qualified through experience. You will have experience of leading internal audits, be able to deal with complex financial or non financial problems and support and challenge our clients’ management teams.
You must have fluent report writing skills in English, have strong analytics skills and excellent knowledge of the main Microsoft Office software products.
And in return?
As well as joining an innovative and fast-moving regional firm who are a leading provider of financial services, you will receive a competitive salary and you will also automatically be enrolled into our Employee Benefits scheme, giving you access to a range of free benefits and as well as a number of voluntary options.
To apply for this position, please upload your CV along with a covering letter.
We value diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities at Scrutton Bland, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, or disability status, marital and civil partnership status.