Do you want to earn while you learn?
We are now accepting applications for our 2019 School Leaver Programme.
Why not come to one of our open mornings where you will have the opportunity to:
- Listen to a presentation from our staff who will explain what it is like working in accountancy, discuss the training packages we offer and give you an overview of when and how to apply for a trainee position
- Hear from some of our Partners and Managers and ask any questions you may have
- Meet some of our trainees and ask them about their experiences and career paths to date
- Learn more about the other areas of the Group including the Financial Planning and Insurance teams
- Take part in some simulated business exercises
- Take a guided tour of our office to see the type of working areas and environment we offer
This could give you a head start in applying for our School Leaver programme for 2019 and if you are interested in applying you will have the opportunity to sit our aptitude test, the first stage of our recruitment process, following lunch.
7 November 2018
9am - 1pm
8 November 2018
9am - 1pm
If university is not for you, or you wish to earn while you learn then our school leaver programme can help you achieve this by offering you the chance to gain valuable experience whilst studying towards a professional qualification.
You will study the first two years towards AAT or ATT through an approved apprenticeship framework. On completion of these modules you will then work towards a professional qualification in accountancy or tax services, usually ACA, ACCA or CTA. Scrutton Bland will provide full study support to include paid time off for attending tuition, revision and exams. Our five year programme will take you through to an internationally recognised qualification.
Throughout the training programme our trainees will be given hands on practical experience on a varied client portfolio. From our offices in Ipswich, Cambridge, Colchester and Diss we work with clients throughout the UK and beyond to find effective solutions which meet their individual needs. Our clients are involved in a very wide variety of businesses, from high-tec research and development and higher and further education to haulage, construction, agriculture and goods production. Our team of experienced specialists provide accountancy, tax, audit, insurance, employee benefits and independent financial planning advice.
To be considered for this programme you will need to have at least:
- 2-3 A levels at grades A*-C or
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
- Ability to work as part of a professional team
- Strong ability in both Mathematics and English and a good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail
For further information or to apply for the School Leaver Programme, please use the button below to contact our HR team. If you are applying for the role please send your CV along with a covering letter.