The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) portal went live on Monday 20th April and can be accessed here
There are various pieces of information you will need to make a claim via the portal.
What information do I need to submit a claim?
- Gateway login details
- Employer PAYE reference number
- The Unique Tax Payer reference for business (either SA for a sole trader or partnership or corporation tax for a limited company) and/ or company registration number
- Names, national insurance numbers and works numbers of furloughed employees
- Claim period (start and end date)
- Amount claimed
- Bank account number and sort code
- Contact name and phone number
The portal is accessed through your existing government gateway and you areonly be allowed to make one claim per pay period so it is important to get the details correct first time to avoid any unnecessary delays to grants being received.
How can we help?
We are able to submit your claim on your behalf if the correct authorisation is in place with HMRC so if you would like us to do this, then please contact us as soon as possible. If we need to apply for authorisation, this can take up to 10 days so it is important to start the process immediately.
Who do I contact?
- Ensure that you have the correct information available to make a claim
- Discuss your situation with you to make sure that you have furloughed all necessary employees
- Provide some assurance that your claim is calculated accurately and that the cash grant you receive is maximised
- Liaise with your payroll administrators to ensure the employee is receiving the correct amount
- Review your situation every 3 weeks (the minimum furlough period) and calculate any further claims that need to be made
- Help you review your cash position while your claim is in progress and ensure you are utilising other available measures if needed
If you would like us to do any of the above on your behalf, please contact us as soon as possible so we can ensure there is as little delay as possible in you receiving the cash grant.