Litigation, regulation and funding challenges have all had an impact on the way that third sector organisations have to approach risk today. Ensuring that you have the right insurance in place to protect you and your organisation is important and can often require specialist insurance knowledge in order to find the right cover at an affordable premium.
At Scrutton Bland,
we look after the insurance and risk management needs of over 500 charities
and third-sector organisations. With over 100 years’ insurance broking experience and a dedicated charity
team, we understand the unique requirements of the sector and the types of protection it demands.
How we can help
Through our specialist charity scheme, we provide clients with exclusive terms and a bespoke set of covers that aren’t readily available on the open market. Our insurance is underwritten by one of the UK’s leading, A-rated insurers, giving clients all the cover they need in one policy and at an affordable premium. Every charity is different, but there are typical insurances which charity and third sector organisations should consider which can include:
A personal service
- Public liability with optional liability limits of up to £10,000,000
- Public liability extension to cover abuse up to £10,000,000 of liability
- Products liability to cover second-hand goods
- Donated stock paid out at market value
- Automatic cover for fundraising events (up to a maximum 500 attendees/participants)
- Money cover as standard up to £5,000 during business hours and £3,000 in an unspecified safe out of hours
- Access to professional risk management services
- Free 24-hour counselling helpline available for all employees and volunteers
- Professional indemnity including breach of duty up to a limit of £5,000,000
- Trustee indemnity up to a limit of £5,000,000 including organisational liability
We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide to charity and not-for-profit clients. Every member of our charity team has a personal connection to the charitable sector, along with an intricate understanding of the associated risks. This knowledge allows us to ask the right questions, offer the right advice and find the right solutions.
We also take the time to visit each client in person, in order to better understand the nature of their work. As part of these visits, we will undertake a free insurance risk management review to identify the appropriate insurance cover and ensure there are no gaps or exposures.
Getting a quote is easy
We understand that time is precious for charities. That’s why we have made it as easy as possible to get a tailored insurance quote. Simply give us a call on 0330 058 6559 or email
, and one of our charity specialists will be in touch before you know it.