Motor Trade Policy

Trade insurance you can trust

If you or any member of your staff needs to drive your own or your customers’ vehicles in the course of your day-to-day work, you will need a Motor Trade policy.

Whilst Motor Trade policies are commonly used for businesses directly involved with the buying, selling or recovery of vehicles, there are many other businesses who need this cover. Even when your business is not directly involved with the sale or maintenance of cars or motor vehicles, like a trader or second hand dealer for example, all businesses where your staff are in the custody or control of a motor vehicle will need to ensure that they have appropriate insurance,  even if you operate from a fixed site such as a valeting or MOT centre.

With so many fleet, motor and liability policies on offer, it can be difficult to know exactly what you need. Our team of insurance advisers have many years of experience in dealing with motor policies and can give you informed and impartial advice about the correct cover you require to keep your business on the right track.


Get in touch for forward-thinking, impartial advice

With offices in Cambridge, Colchester, Diss and Ipswich, we’re close enough for meetings with clients from all over the East of England. Got something on your mind? We’ll be happy to listen and give you our thoughts.

Call us on 0330 058 6559
Email us at

Scrutton Bland Office

The inside track

Read more News & Views
Need help? Contact one of our advisers