B&B and Guest Houses

Giving you peace of mind when taking paying guests into your home

If you are taking paying guests into your home, even if you are only offering a small number of rooms, you must have the correct  insurance cover in place, since a standard household policy will not cover you.

Whenever opening your home to the public, you must have Public Liability Insurance in place to protect you against the cost of a claim in the event of injury or damage to a guest or their property.


Protection when you need it

In some cases, opening your home can also bring additional risks to you and your property, but our team of specialist advisers can help you to get the right cover in place to minimise the costs to you, should your property and contents be damaged or stolen.

We can also access policies specifically designed for specialist insurance needs including listed building or high value contents.

Wolsey Lodges Partnership

Scrutton Bland are the official insurance partners of Wolsey Lodges, a group of historic private homes and buildings located across the UK.

Wolsey Lodge members are provided with bespoke insurance policies specifically tailored to cover the additional liability cover needed to protect their exclusive properties when opening them to the public.

Get in touch for forward-thinking, impartial advice

With offices in Cambridge, Colchester, Diss and Ipswich, we’re close enough for personal meetings with clients from anywhere across the East of England. Got something on your mind? We’ll be happy to listen and give you our thoughts.

Call us on 0330 058 6559
Email us at

The inside track

Read more News & Views
Need help? Contact one of our advisers