The Big Hoot
We’re proud to be one of the sponsors of the Wild in Art Trail. This year its owl-based and called Big Hoot Ipswich 2022. It’s taking place around Ipswich this summer to help raise money for St Elizabeth Hospice!
We chose our hoot as it links back to many key themes that are important to us as a business including sustainability, growth and development, both of our people and our clients!
Find out more about our Hoot!
Owl-otments can’t wait to meet you all around the neighbourhoot! She’ll be nesting outside our Ipswich office on Crown Street! Make sure to come say hi and enter our sunflower competition – we can’t wait to see you!Follow our Hoot on Instagram
Grow a sunflower competition
We are holding a sunflower competition throughout summer 2022, where we’re encouraging you and your family to become green-fingered and bring a little bit of sunshine into your garden.
- Use the app to request a code to pick up your sunflower seeds from our Ipswich office; Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm
- Plant your sunflower seeds
- Take photos, videos or stories as your flowers grow and send these to us, with your name and contact information using the details below
- Follow us on Instagram @Owlotments to see everyone’s progress – we’d love to share these with our followers
- When your sunflower is fully grown measure its height, get a photo and send these to us The tallest sunflower will win a prize!
- Regular updates will be shared via our Instagram channel and posted on our website
- The winner will receive a family ticket to the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary as a prize
Happy growing everyone!
How do I collect the seeds?
To receive your pack of seeds and information sheet please use the Big Hoot app to request a code to pick up your sunflower seeds from the reception team in our Ipswich office; Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm.
How do I enter?
To enter into our tallest sunflower competition please send photos, videos or stories as your flowers grow and send these to us with your name and contact information using the details below
- Email email@example.com
- Call us on 0330 058 6559
The competition will close on 12/09/2022. After this date any entries will not be counted.
Terms and Conditions
- Results will be announced via our social media channels on 23/09/2022.
- If you are under the age of 16, you must obtain permission from your parent/guardian before entering. We do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry.
- Competition entrants agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so.
- The judges decision will be final.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- We will not pass your personal details to any other organisations without your permission, except for the purpose of running the competition which you have entered.
- The winner will receive a family ticket to the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary as a prize. Please note there is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
Who designed our owl?
Cathy Simpson, a yorkshire-based artist, created our owl this year. Although based in Yorkshire, Cathy has a special connection to the Big Hoot:
“This project is particularly poignant for me, as an old school friend recently passed away having spent her final days in the care of St Elizabeth’s Hospice,” Cathy says. “I’m glad to be able to do something to promote the hospice, and it also feels like a kind of celebration of her.”
The Big Hoot Ipswich 2022
From 19 June to 3 September 2022, St Elizabeth Hospice is bringing a Wild in Art Trail to Ipswich, and we hope you are as excited as we are!
The trail will see 50 individually designed Big Hoot owls placed around Ipswich for everyone to see and enjoy.
Visitors will also be able to meet our Little Hoot owls, who will be popping up in special locations all across town; designed by local schools and groups.
Each of our Big Hoots will be sponsored by a local business and individually decorated by an artist, and at the end of the trail the Big Hoots will be auctioned to raise valuable, much needed funds for St Elizabeth Hospice services providing care and support to those living with life-limiting or progressive illness.
The Big and Little Hoots will attract thousands of local families, residents and visitors to Ipswich and in turn contribute financial benefits to the local economy.
About St Elizabeth Hospice
St Elizabeth Hospice improves life for people living with progressive and life-limiting illnesses. There work is centred around an individual’s needs. They provide specialist support wherever it is needed, in the home, in the community or at our hospice.
St Elizabeth Hospice is an independent charity providing free services. Every year, their services cost £12.9 million to run, 70% coming from the local community. They rely on fundraising, donations and volunteers to keep going. Therefore support through the Big Hoot Wild in Art Trail will help them to provide local hospice care to those who need it.