Highlights and challenges
Managing a cross-border transaction with a German buyer and UK seller can be challenging, particularly where there are existing shareholders involved. the Scrutton Bland team were able to assist the Board in reaching an outcome which provided a managed exit for John and Veronica meeting their retirement plans, whilst also helping to ensure the continuity of the trading business. through the expertise within the team.
It was important that the Scrutton Bland advisers were able to negotiate not only in the international tax and accounting regimes, but equally the social and cultural differences which can be present in cross boarder transactions and which can have a significant impact on all parties involved from the buyer and seller to local management teams and employees.
Following a successful transaction Bollfilter UK Limited is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Boll & Kirch Filterbau GmbH and continues to thrive.
How we were able to help
- ✓ Brokering the cross-border transaction from origination to Heads of Terms
- ✓ Advising the Board on the most effective structure for the transaction
- ✓ Helping the Board determine a valuation for the purposes of the share transaction
- ✓ Assisting both parties to agree Heads of Terms
- ✓ Reviewing the legal documentation