At Scrutton Bland we pride ourselves on the fact everything is personal, our clients expect and receive a service that is an extension of their business. We are currently looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to help grow and develop a busy and forward-thinking payroll division, that is already successful. We are looking for someone who is ambitious and have extensive experience in either Payroll Bureau, Outsourced Payroll or In-House Payroll. You need to be someone who is not afraid to make changes, put systems and processes in place and streamline the department, so as we continue to move forward our service develops with our client’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and setting the workload of the team, including advance planning for absence and busy periods
- Managing a portfolio of clients of various sizes
- Processing advised changes including tax code, bonus, pay rate by agreed cut off dates
- Calculating holiday pay, SMP, SSP, SPP
- Processing starters and leavers
- Dealing with enquiries from clients, their employees, and relevant authorities
- Setting up PAYE schemes
- Loading BACS payments
- End of month and year end submissions
- Completion of P45, P60 and P11D’s
- Adding new payroll clients to the system and creating any third-party accounts including HMRC/pensions
- Processing all reports including the submission to HMRC
- Issuing payslips to employees and a breakdown summary to each client
- Ensuring the weekly and monthly submissions of auto-enrolment pensions
- Liaising with pension scheme providers to ensure all clients pension arrangements are in order
- Pension scheme set up and maintaining pension schemes. Pension deductions and uploading the payments on to the portals
- Reviewing and updating procedures, SLA’s to ensure constant risk management
- Process improvement and system efficiencies
- Formulating proposals and fee estimates in relation to potential new engagements
- Providing support, training, and coaching to the payroll team
- To keep up to date with any statutory requirements and legislative changes
- Strategic input into the service line and its offering to the wider client portfolio
- Business Development support in new business meetings or proposals/quotes, where requested
- Ensuring continuous training and development within the team
- Comprehensive payroll experience, ideally in a bureau background
- CIPP qualified would be advantageous, however not essential
- Experience running multiple payrolls and looking after own client base
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of payroll systems, Sage would be hugely beneficial
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Confident communicating with clients and dealing with any requirements or complaints
- Able to support their team while also carrying out a hands-on role
- In this role you will be managing and leading a Payroll Bureau Division
And in return?
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
How to apply
If you think you’re a good match for this role and are interested in working for Scrutton Bland, please send us your CV with an accompanying letter, which outlines why you’d like to join our team and work with us to our HR Team.
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies.